Although popularity of bath bombs has sky-rocketed in the last decade, many people still don’t know what all the “fizz” is about, or just think they’re a great idea for an easy sell on bath time for the kiddos.
But oh, they can be so much more.
It’s important to note, not all bath bombs are created equal. At Golden Leaf, we’ve spent several months perfecting a recipe that yields beautiful, durable, bubbling bombs using safe-for-skin ingredients that are sustainably sourced.
Now you know, when you’re soaking in all those good-for-your-skin ingredients, you’re also basking in good karma and ethical juju. You’re welcome.
So, without further ado, here’s our Ingredient Benefit Breakdown!
- Sodium Bicarbonate is an alkaline, anti-bacterial powder that helps loosen debris and oil, as well as cleanse and exfoliate your skin.
- Citric Acid exfoliates and helps to brighten and smooth skin.
- Shea Butter boasts some pretty serious accolades in regards to skin care. Anti-inflammatory and safe for sensitive skin, the rich tree-nut oils seal in moisture without clogging pores. Being packed with high concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins your skin craves, shea butter is also excellent for anti-aging and increasing collagen benefits.
- Epsom Salt has been widely toted for reduction of joint and muscle pain. The magnesium absorbed by the body also assists in maintaining most of the body’s functions on a cellular level—including, but not limited to, brain function.
- Kaolin Clay is used as a pore purifier and gentle cleanser for sensitive skin. It’s also known to soothe irritated skin and calm acne breakouts.
- Aromatherapy is a powerful stress and anxiety reliever, and can really set you up for an improved night’s rest.
- And let’s have an honorable mention for SLSa, the grime-cutting, skin-cleansing sudser! SLSa is sourced from coconut oil, unlike it’s similar-sounding SLS, found in most shampoos and body washes, which has been linked to cancer, neurotoxicity, and endocrine disruption.